Saturday, November 3, 2012

Sandy Survivors!


We survived Sandy!! Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers! Power and water were restored to our apartment in the lower east side of Manhattan last night!  We were so excited to come home to a well lit apartment and flush-able toilet. 


Despite the destruction that has taken place around us, I would like to take a sec to note the positive side of Sandy. During the last few days, Nathan and I have had an adventurous time scouring the city for electricity to recharge our phones and take showers. We were forced to find things to do that did not involve computers or tv. The only way to keep updated on current events was to hunt down the news vans and get as close as possible to hear the reporters. We often found ourselves at the local diner for a hot meal. It forced us to try new things and see new places that otherwise would have been missed.

I am so thankful for God’s protection from the mass destruction that has occurred in the city of New York. I am also thankful that I can now use my oven again! Most of the grocery store shelves are still bare, but I scavenged my favorite spots to find ingredients for a “Post Hurricane Sandy” party!! What better meal to choose than PIZZA!


Please continue to keep NYC in your prayers, as many people are morning losses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment